Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm Thankful


I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
-Psalm 9:1

I have a lot to be thankful for...

I'm thankful for mornings. I just love how fresh and new they feel.
I'm thankful for the sun. It powers everything and gives us light every single day.
I'm thankful for colors. They paint the world and make art come to life.
I'm thankful for my senses, for they allow me to see, hear, touch, smell, and taste all things around me.
I'm thankful for laughter. Even in the darkest of times, laughter has the power to ignite joy.
I'm thankful for seasons, for they allow the appreciation of change and transition.
I'm thankful for an education because it takes me to new places.
I'm thankful for my body. It's not model material by any means, but gosh, my body does so much for me.
I'm thankful for my parents. They have done more for me than I could ever recount or repay.
I'm thankful for my sister, for she is a friend I will never lose.
I'm thankful for Crossroads. This church is changing my life.
I'm thankful for Regis and the people that I work with there - all 20 of them. Work makes me smile because it's where I love to be.
I'm thankful for music because it evokes all kinds of thoughts, emotions, and feelings.
I'm thankful for community. My close friends hold me accountable and remind of the important things in life.
I'm thankful for sleep. Who doesn't like to sleep???
And food. Who doesn't love food? Eating is a form of entertainment for me.
I'm thankful for YoungLife and the relationships and experiences I've encountered through it. Without this organization, I'm not sure where or even who I would be today.

This list does not even scratch the surface. There is so much more that I could include here. As I grow older, this list becomes longer. However, without God, this list would cease to exist...

Therefore, I'm MOST thankful for God. He is the very source of every good and perfect thing you can think of (James 1:17). He brought me to where I am now and cares enough to lead me to better things. He healed me. He's transforming me.

I often wonder what my life would look like if I weren't a Christian. Who would I be? What would I be doing? How would my life be different? When I look at the world and I'm confronted with the broken emptiness of it, I'm reminded that I have been given the greatest gift anyone could ever ask for.

I'm thankful that I will never have to experience life without Christ again.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment